Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Ole Miss students are on the edge of their seats anticipating spring break 2011.  Most people go to the beach with their friends, skiing with their family, or in some cases, surfing.

Ole Miss Pharmacy student, Emily Higdon, is not doing the surfing herself, but she will be traveling to Malibu, California to support her best friend in a surfing competition.  This will be Emily's first time to visit California.

"I am really looking forward to visiting California,"Emily said.  "I really want to go to the Santa Monica peir, walk down Hollywood Blvd., and see the Hollywood sign." "I may even want to take a small surfing lesson."

Emily and her friends will also travel to Los Angeles, San Diego, and Big Sur during their California vacation.

While Emily is in sunny California, her roomate, Katie Milligan is traveling to Vail Colorado on a skiing trip with her family.

"There is no place in the world like Vail Colorado," Katie said.  "We have been coming to Vail for spring break since I was one year old."

Katie and her family will also be celebrating her 20th birthday while in Colorado.  "I can't think of any better way to spend my spring break and my birthday then with my family in Vail," Katie said.

Both girls will be arriving back in Oxford on Saturday night to spend the last night of their spring break together on the square.


Malibu Beaches
lodge-vail-colorado-ski-3.jpg


Malibu, California                                                     Vail, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment