Friday, March 4, 2011

An Athletic Spring Break for the Athletes

Sofie Persson running the 800 meters

The spring break plans for most of the athletes of the University of Mississippi depends on their sport. While regular students are excited about getting away from the small college town Oxford in north Mississippi, the athletes which are in season have to stay to work out and compete. Sofie Persson, a 800 meter runner on the Ole Miss track team, is one of the athletes which has to stay in town.

”I'm planning on staying in Oxford. We have nationals the weekend before spring break and our outdoor season starts the weekend after,” Sofie said.

Not only track athletes have to spend their spring break focusing on their sport. Chad Bounds, a sophomore golf player, have to stay to practice and go to South Carolina for a golf tournament.

”Basically the only break I will be getting is from school, not the stresses of golf. The day after we get back from the tournament is when school begins again. So I think it is fair to say that my sport doesn't really allow me to have an average spring break. Don't get me wrong, I love being on the golf team. But still I wish that we had that week off like everyone else to just rest and do something fun,” Bounds said.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment