Friday, March 4, 2011

Jamie Kline Spring Break Story


University of Mississippi’s spring break is right around the corner and many students are planning to spend it relaxing on a beach.

Key West is a popular spot for college students across the country, including many Ole Miss students. It is American’s only Caribbean island, filled with white sand, crystal blue water, and countless bars.

Junior, Katie Jacobson, from Columbus, GA will be heading down to the Florida Keys, specifically Key West, with a few friends from home this year. “My uncle has a house on the beach, and since I am finally 21 he gave me permission to invite some of my friends down there for the break. Its going to be a lot of fun.” Jacobson said.

This small island is rich with historic homes, unique buildings, and well-known restaurants and bars. The attitude in Key West can be laid back, but during

spring break people are ready to party given any excuse.

The University’s spring break begins Friday, March 11th. Most students will begin heading down to Florida that same weekend. Sophomore, Lucy Grove, From Mobile, Alabama, will also spend her spring break in Key West.

“Last year I went to Colorado and skied, I wanted to do something that felt more like ‘spring break’ so I thought going to the beach would be perfect.” Grove said, “Once I found out that a few of my friends were thinking about going to Key West I knew that’s where I was going.”


Jamie Kline

No comments:

Post a Comment